Monday, January 3, 2011

Well, okay....

I have been accosted on every side about why I have not been writing. It is because I have no grist for the mill. For three months I have been waiting for my semi-annual checkup with the kidney-me-not doctor. I am going to have my ferritin checked at that point. For the ghouls who really want some blood-letting of some sort in this posting, all I have to say is they need to take about a quart in order to run all the blood tests that I am supposed to get. So, they will get a read on my ferritin and in the process reduce my ferritin. What a dilemma! If the ferritin is high, should I get a phlebotomy? Would I not endanger my health by reducing my iron excessively? What to do....me oh my oh me!

Is that enough angst to hold you for a while? I see the doctor on Wednesday. Who knows when his nanobots will have the results! I suspect that I will not have a lot of ferritin this time around because I have been eating nothing but plastic. I need some meat!!!!!! Chris gave us an Outback gift certificate for Christmas. They will be the first to know that my ferritin is fine. You will be the second.... or so.

Well, that's the news from Lake Irony. I am feeling pallid. I need to go lie down.

6 comments:

Katscratchme said...

How much iron do you suppose you lose with every hack you've been hacking for the last month? :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah...and those meatballs weren't made of plastic...just sayin'.

Trillium said...

Ahem! Eating plastic??? What does that mean??? Are you DISSING what the cooks have been serving??? You ARE living dangerously!! ... just sayin'.

Zaphod said...

Hey! In an attempt to reduce my ferritin I am eating my Jolly Ranchers with the wrappers on. There is no need to get defensive. I am just a guy trying to get along here.

With regard to hacking, I can tell when I am coughing up metal. You don't want to know.

The Swedish Meatballs are not on my list of things to give up for the sake of ferritin, nor is anything that Trillium fixes for me. I would rather die.... just sayin'

Chris said...

Well, I hope you enjoy the certs. Just sayin'.

Larsens said...

I'm glad you took my advice and posted something today. People are getting desperate if we don't get the latest news about your blood count.
And now...we wait for the post.